A COOKIE WORKSHOP – How to Cookie – 12.02.2023
$5.00 – $45.00
Hi Friends!!! I’m super excited to get to join you in person for this long awaited workshop! There is something for everyone here — from just getting started to the well seasoned baker, I’ve got you covered! I can’t wait to spend the afternoon with you. This workshop will focus on the foundations of baking and decorating sugar cookies that not only look great, but taste amazing! Join us for the afternoon to learn the foundations of how to make cookie dough, icing, mixing color and getting the right consistency for beautiful cookies.
LOCATION: LAYERED Shop – 106 E. River St, Grand Ledge, MI 48837
DATE: December 2, 2023
TIME: 2pm – 4:30pm
COST (add items to cart individually):
-Paper Workbook: $5 – double sided, full color, spiral bound, clear cover, hard black back workbook
-Let me dish out all the dough on COOKIE DOUGH! Though I never took Chem For Living, I’ll be the first to admit I was super jealous of those who did. I love the science behind baking. Even more, I love helping others understand why it’s all so important – in normal, creative minded, artist baker lingo! So, let me walk you through how to make dough that will hold its shape, have the perfect caramelization, and still be light and moist! (this will be a talked through instruction with videos and photos for interaction, you will not personally be making dough in the class)
-Have you ever used royal icing that just will not cooperate? The thought of butter bleed, craters and the dreaded color bleed can leave even seasoned cookiers up all night in worry. Well, NO MORE! I want to take you through step by step for making icing that is sure not to flop!(this will be a talked through instruction with videos and photos for interaction, you will not personally be making icing in the class)
-Mixing icing to the perfect consistency is an art form all in its own. I want to show you how to mix for fine lines, the perfect poof, and a smooth flood…all while finding that perfect color to bring your cookies to life!
-After all that, I’ve created some super fun holiday themed cookies to show off all your hard work! These cookies will leave people chatting about your skills long after the holidays are over!
ALL WORKSHOP TICKETS INCLUDES:
- Naked cookies to decorate in a gift box to take home
- Premade icing to use to create colors and consistencies
- Samples of Americolor Gel Food Coloring to take with you
- Icing Bags
- Icing BagTags – A special Find Sweet Joy product that helps you label the consistencies of your icing bags
- A digital workbook with step by step instructions, recipes to make your cookies and icing at home, and loads of tips and tricks for decorating beautiful cookies! (**PAPER WORKBOOK available for purchase – $5 please add it to your cart separately from the menu drop down)
- Cookie cutters in the shapes used in the class
- A handmade scribe – special cookie tool to help assist in decorating your cookies
STEPS TO REGISTER:
- Purchase your desired workshop(s) & workbook through the Find Sweet Joy website
- Each participant must fill out the google form here. THIS MUST BE FILLD OUT TO CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION.
Can’t wait to cookie with you! See you there!
*SIGN UPS FOR THIS WORKSHOP MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON November 25, 2023.
EACH WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT MUST BE SURE TO FILL OUT THIS FORM TO FINALIZE THEIR WORKSHOP SPOT.
SIGN UPS FOR THIS WORKSHOP MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT ON November 25 (Saturday after Thanksgiving).
*The workshop will take place in person on December 2nd, 2023 and will last approximately 2 hours. Due to costs involved with each ticket purchased, all tickets are nonrefundable. Thank you for understanding.
**There is a minimum number of participants require for each workshop. If this minimum is not met by November 20, you will be notified of the workshop cancelation. Thank you for your understanding and for registering in advance!
Please note that each participant must also fill out the google form here.
Please reach out if you have any questions: email@example.com
|In person class
BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, PAPER WORKBOOK, WORKSHOP
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.